Post-Event Marketing – A Valuable Tool for Next Year’s Show
You’ve just wrapped up your show and it was a huge success: your attendance numbers were up, your attendees gave you positive feedback, several of your exhibitors have already re-signed for next year and your staff is enthused. Now what?
The critical time to start garnering interest for next year’s event is during and immediately following your current event while the enthusiasm is fresh. The key is to create ways to connect with attendees throughout the year to extend the life of the interest generated by the show.
Here are 5 marketing tactics to include in the creation of your successful post-event marketing plan:
1. Provide Attendees with a Post-Event Exhibit Tracker
- Send a post-event email to all attendees who visited exhibitor’s booths on the show floor and had their badge scanned.
- Include in the email: a complete listing of each exhibitor name and booth where the attendee’s badge was scanned, the exhibitor’s contact information, and a link to the exhibitor’s website
Today’s empowered consumers also want an opportunity to influence future product enhancements and offerings. They want to meet with staff, designers or management who can listen to needs and influence the process that translates feedback into future offerings.
(Source: CEIR Report: Exhibition Floor Interaction: What Attendees Want)
2. Design a Post-Registration Site for Exhibitors
- Provide your exhibitors with their own post-registration site to look up which registrants they invited that were verified and attended the show.
- This resource provides exhibitors with the ability to follow up, and also gives them the opportunity to market to attendees who used the exhibitor’s online invitation link but did not visit their booth.
See more at: TSNN – Post-Event Marketing